Monday, October 12, 2015

Eggs and Veggies for Breakfast

I have been so busy lately preparing for the Pumpkin Festival I have not had a chance to make up a really good breakfast.  So since the Pumpkin Festival is over now I figured I had to make up a really good breakfast.

Chopped up scallions, shallots, summer squash, peppers, tomatoes, kale, and swiss chard.
All of which I added to the eggs.

Scrambled Eggs with Veggies, and Toasted Onion Bread

You can use any combination and quantity of veggies that you wish here is what I used.

Ingredients:
Scallions
Shallot
Sweet Peppers 
Tomatoes
Kale and Swiss Chard
Summer Squash
Garlic Clove
A little Basil
1 Pound Ground Pork
Eggs with a little Milk
Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoons butter

Directions:
Over medium heat add the butter, scallions, shallot, and ground pork.  Cook until meat begins to cook through.  Then add the peppers and summer squash.  When they begin to soften add kale, swiss chard, garlic, basil, tomatoes, eggs and milk.  Just before you remove from heat add the cheese, mix to melt cheese and remove from heat.

I like to toast up some bread, and eat the scrambled eggs with the toast kind of like a sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...