Thursday, May 30, 2013

Praying Mantis

Today my mom came upon a awesome discovery, a ton of tiny little baby praying mantis.  They are the cutest little things I have ever seen.  They looked just like adult praying mantis but they were about the size of an ant, and they were all over the place.  Of course I right away ran to get my camera.


A whole bunch of praying mantis nymphs


Some of the pictures that I zoomed in more with the camera make it hard to tell just how small these little guys are, but this picture may give you some idea of just how tiny they are.


The praying mantis ootheca (egg case), with little praying mantis nymphs emerging from it. 


Close up of one of the little praying mantis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...