Sunday, January 7, 2018

Recipe - Sweet Potato Cornbread

This is a recipe I have not made since 2012, because I have not had any of my own sweet potatoes since then.  I am thinking that this year I will have to grow some sweet potatoes, for sure.  I believe that I made it the first time for Thanksgiving in 2012.  I am not a huge cornbread fan, always seems to be a little too dry for me, but this was not your average cornbread.  It is the most moist cornbread I have ever had.  I think the sweet potatoes were what made it so very moist. 


Sweet Potato Cornbread
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mashed sweet potato
2 tablespoons butter
    + enough milk to make 1 cup
2 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cornmeal, salt and baking soda.  In a separate bowl, stir together sweet potato, milk, butter (melted and cooled), and eggs.  Mix dry ingredients together with wet.  Pour into a 9"X9" casserole dish and bake for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...