Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Recipe - Toasted Garlic Bread

Someone has brought it to my attention that I need to post some of my recipes from Thanksgiving.  I use to post recipes, but have not done so for a long time, so now that I have been inspired, here we go.  I have decided to try and post a recipe every week (at least for the next couple months, since I do not have any shows or markets to attend), so here is my first recipe of the week:  Toasted Garlic Bread

I made this the first time for Thanksgiving this year.  It is sooo easy and sooooo good!  After Thanksgiving I made this again to use up some french bread I had sitting around.  I cooked up about a half a loaf of french bread and me and my parents ate the hole thing  right away.



Toasted Garlic Bread
 about 1/2 a loaf of my French Bread (sliced)
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 teaspoons fresh oregano
salt and pepper to taste
shredded mozzarella cheese for to of bread

In a small bowl mix butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.  Spread the mixture on the bread slices.  Low broil for about 5 minutes, or until bread just starts to brown.  Watch carefully to make sure they do not burn.  Remove from oven and top with cheese, return to broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is desired brownness.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...