Saturday, September 7, 2013

Vegetables coming very soon!

I took some pictures the other day, and just thought I would post some pictures of some of the veggies that I am starting to pick or will be picking soon.

These are two new past tomatoes that I was trying out this year.  The one to the left is a very pretty yellow paste tomato called Cream Sausage, and the one on the right is a striped paste tomato, called Striped Roman.  I will be growing both of them again next year.


My personal favorite variety of basil, Blue Spice Basil.


Some of my zucchini and summer squash plants, I have over a dozen different varieties planted right now.


This is something new that I have tried this year and will definitely be growing again next year, yard long beans!  I love these beans, they are great for sauteing and the red beans keep their color.  I have just started picking beans from my first planting of these guys, but due to the weather I only had about a dozen plants that come up, which is why I have not started selling them yet.  But do not worry I have a full second planting right next to these that is coming along very well and should start producing beans very soon.


I also have somewhere around 8 different varieties of beets in the ground and growing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...