Friday, January 20, 2012

Homemade Dog Treats

I have two golden retrievers Copper and Penny. Copper has diabetes which makes it difficult to give him treats because I try to watch everything that I give him. So I made the treats especially with him in mind but they are great for any dog.

The ingredients include:
White Rice Flour
Eggs
Oil
Peanut Butter
Salt
Cinnamon

I used white rice flour because it is gluten free and just like for people too much gluten is also not good for dogs. This is the reason why you may be noticing more and more pet foods that are gluten free.

They are pretty basic cookies but both my dogs go crazy for them especially Copper.

I am planning on making these dog cookies for the market this year, so look out for them this market season!

Penny (front) and Copper (back) my dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...