Monday, April 16, 2018

Farm Update

Here are a few updates on what we have been busy with lately at Real Veggies Farm.

Inside seed planting has started just over a month ago.  Right now I have started in my basement: cabbage, swiss chard, kohlrabi, eggplant, rhubarb, asparagus, onions, sweet peppers, basil, some other herbs, and a few other things.  Over the next couple of days I need to start my kale, mustard greens, some lettuce, and a few other things.

Right now I should be planting my lettuce outside.  Unfortunately due to the weather it does not look like I will be able to get that done within the next week.  So I am planning on starting some of my lettuce in my hoophouse and transplanting it outside, that way I may have some lettuce for some of my shows in May.  Everything outside right now is like a very cold swamp, not what it is normally like this time in April.  Hopefully some time soon our weather gets a little warmer.  I am getting a little tired of seeing snow in the weather forecast.

I made a trip out to the farm last weekend to see how my garlic is doing, and it seems to be doing quite well.  You can not see the garlic very well, but it is there.

 I have some good news to tell everyone.  Starting this coming weekend we will now begin accepting credit cards!  A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to get a smart phone, so that I could begin accepting credit cards.  Tomorrow I am going to be retiring my flip phone for good, and switching over to my new smart phone!  Everything has been tested and ready to go, all I have to do is switch over my phone and we will be ready to accept credit cards this weekend.

Also on another happy note, this year will be our 10 year anniversary of selling at Valley City Farmers Market.  Last year 2017 was Valley City Farmers Market's 10 year anniversary.   

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW...............10 years? really? time flies
    garlic looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...