Thursday, August 28, 2014

What I did Yesterday

Well yesterday I spent almost the whole day in the kitchen.  I had lots of vegetables sitting around my house that I just had to use up, so I spent the day freezing everything.  I froze beans, zucchini, tomato sauce, basil butter, basil pesto, and fried breaded zucchini.

Beans cut, blanched (for 3 minutes), dried and ready to be bagged and frozen.
This is a mixture of three different types of beans, Dragon Tongue Beans (yellow with purple stripes), yellow beans (do not remember what kind I planted without looking it up), and Tongue of Fire Beans (a new one for us this year it is a green bean with red stripes).
I should have all three of these beans available at my markets this weekend.
 

Now you are going to think I am crazy but this is a picture of some worm food, that is my scraps form the days work that I will be feeding to my worms.  I just thought it looked so pretty that I had to take a picture.  Even worm food can be beautiful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Veggies Farm Facebook Page

 Real Veggies Farm is now on Facebook! Come check out our new Facebook page!  I will be posting updates on what is going on at Real Veggies ...