2015 Real Veggies Farm Pictures

Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter Fishing

To start off I hope everyone had a really great Easter.  Since Easter was looking like it was going to be a nice day (weather wise) and I did not have to work very long, Frank and I decided we should take advantage of the opportunity and get up early, and go fishing.  Boy am I glad we did because we had a really great day out on the water.  We went out on Franks 19' spectrum boat, and launched out of Catawba on Lake Erie.  The day started off looking like we were not going to do very well, when we tried jigging (something new for us) and after almost two hours had not one fish.  So we decided to switch over to what we are more comfortable with, trolling, we picked up one nice size walleye, but it wasn't until we made another move, after we had been out on the lake for around 5 hours that we were really able to start bringing in some fish.  So in our last hour and a half out on the lake we caught 7 nice size walleye to get our limit of 8.  Our biggest fish was around 9 1/2 lbs. and 29 inches, the rest we did not measure but they were not much smaller, lets just say they were all nice size fish.





The next picture was not taken on Easter, it is from last year, but I just thought it was a cool picture so I figured I would post it, looks like it was taken out of Rocky River (Cleveland), trolling for walleye.


This picture I know is from out of Ashtabula I can tell by the roughness of the lake, it can get a little rough and crazy out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment